We are specialists in blanking: The customer expresses a need for a particular part, which is obtained from a flat blank cut from strip different parts of which can then be bent, roll bent and cambered.
A technical and costing study (part geometry and complexity, dimensional tolerances, materials, etc.) is carried out so that we can propose one or more technical solutions, determine a process, then a production operation sheet, and finally present prototypes and initial samples before approval for series production.
- cuprous metals: copper, brass, bronze, nickel silver, beryllium copper, etc.
- steels: high and low carbon, high-yield, silicon steel (electrical plate), etc.
- all grades of stainless steel: AISI 301, 304 (L), 316 (L), 430, etc.
- all grades of aluminium
- special and custom alloys: tantalum, titanium, special copper alloys (Cuprofor), etc.
- other (metallic and non-metallic) materials on request, after validation of a representative sample
- 1Dimensions handled:
- Thickness: from 0.03 mm to 8.00 mm (depending on the material and geometry of the part)
- Feed strip width: from 3.00 mm to 500 mm (depending on the material and geometry of the part)
- 2Part forming and assembly process :
- Blanking, cambering
- Drilling, flow drilling, tapping, chamfering, specific machining operations
- Welding, crimping, clinching, etc.
- 3Subcontracted treatments :
- Degreasing, tribofinishing
- Heat treatment
- Surface treatment (tin plating, zinc coating, silvering, gilding, rhodium plating, etc.) painting, shot peening, etc.
- Precision fine sheet metal work, bar turning, etc.
- 4Batch size :
- No minimum production run: we can procure the materials and mount tools to make a single part if necessary
- Fixed and variable costs are calculated according to the size of the batch required by the customer
- Maximum batch size depends on the technical characteristics of the part: geometry, dimensions, thickness, material, etc.
- 5Capacities :
- Maximum production capacity of up to 1,500 strokes per minute over several shifts
- Maximum batch size of several million parts.
Production – Maintenance
We have all the right equipment to produce and maintain our tools, including EDM machines, surface grinders, lathes and milling machines
FEIN : Specialists in blanking – runs all sizes – prototypes – technical parts